Before Your Procedure Or Surgery
Your doctor will instruct you as to what time you are to stop eating and drinking prior to your procedure. If you have questions please call their office.
- Blood Pressure, heart, seizure, reflux, and thyroid medications should be taken with a “sip” of water the morning of the scheduled procedure.
- If you take other medications, ask your doctor whether or not to take them the day of your procedure.
- For women, if there is any possibility you are pregnant, please notify your doctor.
- Bathe or shower the morning of your procedure.
- Leave all valuables at home, including watches, rings, jewelry and wallets.
- Notify your physician of any change in your health, such as a cold, fever or sore throat.
- For your safety, please arrange for an adult to drive you home afterwards. You will not be allowed to drive yourself home if you had sedation or anesthesia.